- University of Manchester, Manchester Business SchoolM.B.A. (2009)
- University of ManchesterB.Eng, Chemical Engineering (1992)
- Asset Valuations
- Technology Assessment
- Project Feasibility
- PRISM Refining Industry Modeling and Database
- Renewables and Regulatory
- Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC)
- Independent Engineer / Mergers & Acquisitions
- Markets & Strategy
- Insurance Claims
- Expert Witness Testimony
- Ad Valorem Taxes
- Physical Asset Appraisal
- Crude Oil Valuation
- Natural Gas and NGLs
- Chemicals and Petrochemicals
- Petroleum Refining
- Renewable Fuels
- Valuing Refined Petroleum Intermediates and Products - What are the End-Use Options?
- Baker & O'Brien Authors Article on Hydrogen in the Transportation Sector
- Baker & O'Brien Authors Article on Throughput Reduction Measures at Refineries Due to COVID-19
- Baker & O'Brien Presents at AIPN / ICDR Energy Disputes Conference
Chartered Chemical Engineer, IChemE, UK
Summary of Experience
Mr. Bartlett has over 25 years of international experience covering oil refining, gas processing (including LNG), and petrochemical industries. His broad background includes capital project development during all phases of the project cycle and delivering technical and strategic consulting services to a wide range of clients, including major and national oil companies, global energy traders, financial institutions, and national governments.
Peter began his career with Bechtel, where he was involved in various large-scale projects. He then joined KBC Advanced Technologies providing initially process engineering solutions, before transitioning to longer term performance improvement programs for global oil refiners. Subsequently with KBC, then Jacobs Consultancy, he assisted a wide range of clients in developing their downstream capital plans, as well as undertaking project-related technical and commercial due diligence. As a Study Manager, he has led numerous refining conceptual and feasibility studies for grassroots, clean fuels, and upgrading projects in Europe, the FSU, Middle East, Africa, and South East Asia.
During Peter’s career, he has also provided technical and project management support to affiliates worldwide and was assigned to projects and positions in Croatia, Brazil, and Asia. In his previous role as a Group Manager, he was responsible for managing client relationships, effectively delivering strategic studies and developing opportunities.
Since joining Baker & O'Brien, Peter has provided both dispute and advisory support for capital project and valuation related assignments. He has led technical due diligence investment appraisals; provided expert assistance on multiple oil and gas-related EPC disputes; and testified in an ICC arbitral hearing as an engineering expert in a major EPC dispute related to an oil refinery mega-project. Peter has also supported various expert assignments with the valuation of petroleum products, oil refineries, and business interruption impacts.
2012-2015: Jacobs Consultancy,
1996-2012: KBC Process Technology,
Senior Staff Consultant
Senior Process Engineer
1992-1996: Bechtel Limited,
1990-1991: The Dow Chemical Company GmbH,
Chemical Engineering work-study