Sometimes insurance claims for property damage or business interruption simply must be disputed — especially in the energy industry. Our experts provide comprehensive, objective opinions for cause and origin and economic quantum assessment of insured losses for repairs, replacement, new construction, and lost profits.
Find the impact
of a setback
Here’s how we can help:
- Business interruption (economic loss) claims due unscheduled downtime
- Quantum of damages incurred during the transport, storage, and processing of oil, gas, refined products, and chemicals
- Forensic investigations to determine cause and liability
- Property damage and costs to rebuild
- Asset valuation for insurable property
- Technical assistance during the claim adjustment process
Static Electricity Sparks Dispute
April 1, 2013
Problems with Sulfur Removal Unit Causes a Stink
October 12, 2022
An abrupt natural gas plant shutdown due to a power outage caused major equipment damage, and a faulty repair followed. The failed repair required additional material replacement and repairs. Baker & O’Brien was retained to assess the circumstances of the initial equipment failure and evaluate the cause of damages during the repair. Our expert report was used during the mediation hearing, and the parties settled the claim.
Mother Nature Intervenes and Causes a Business Interruption Claim
July 1, 2016
Related ExperienceBrowse All
Select an option to learn more about each experience.